Welcome to Escalario

June 17, 2013

A Crowned Bird and A Lion

The year of 2012 has been left from our universe and now it's become the year of  2013, moreover it's already nearly past the half year. So much thing has been come and go into my own universe, and my blog writing skill has become so kind of ~ weird like this. Okay stop from unnecessary chit-chat. So this is the real story behind the reconstruction of this blog and my real escaping reason from my current work.
Around 3 weeks ago I've been working on a clinic on the Semarang, I'm working as an IT support there. Actually it can be said that this is the first time I've got a job after got graduated from university last year. I've got the job information from my senior at campus, but then after I check it twice it's actually owned by my old-friend's family. Then here it come when the power of social defeating the power of skill and need, I've got hired easily without struggle so much by coming into many kind of test. My main job on there is to maintaining all of the IT related thing and keeping eye on it, then reporting if there is a trouble occured. So basically it's job for a networking type person and it's really contrary with my own specialization that I (supposed) really want to be.


After working a few days, then I realize it. There is two kind of figure of a person, typical a crowned bird or a Lion, and each of them having their own habitat. A typical crowned bird person enjoy having cage around them, it's a place where they can become safe and life steady. But outside from the cage surely they can die easily and really it's different with a typical Lion figure. Lion typical figure life freely on the wild forest, it interact with many kind of other animal. It can live in a cage, but will get easily stressed-out on there. From those two kind figure we can take a conclusion on what we will become, a crowned bird in the gold cage, a lion on the wild forest or a crowned bird that evolve into a lion or vice-versa(actually it's really impossible for my mindset to decipher this last one). It's like a mere motivator's word or just mere fairy tale if there is no example for this paragraph description, so let's take a real example! The most simple but powerful a real example around me that I can find is my campus rector Dr. Ir. Edi Noersasongko, M.Kom. Back then Mr. Edi Noersasongko was working on a company and simply said Mr. Edi was already reach the top management he can get on those company. Just like a Lion typical figure, no matter how luxury or shinny the cage. A cage it's still a cage. Mr. Edi than decide to resign from his position, and start entrepreneur. He build his own habitat by founding computer course. And off course it's not as simply like that a business can blooming with a success, so many hardship has Mr. Edi going through to turn the computer course into Dian Nuswantoro University nowadays. 

Back to the main topic, after realizing those bird and lion figure I've got another shock from my another senior. He is a programmer that build the Information System for the clinic, after seeing his masterpiece of work on the clinic, I simply can't accept my lack of programming skill. Deep down inside me want to be like him, able to make a system in a such level. Then after thinking and re-thinking again, my Lion-figure pride winning the thought. I decide to resign my position as an IT support and studying again about many thing. Hopefully this is the right decision I make.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...